Amitabh Bachchan is happy and touched with the media’s self imposed restraint on covering his daughter-in-law Aishwarya Rai Bachchan’s child birth.
"I am also most touched by the decision taken by the electronic media on the coverage issue for Aishwarya`s delivery... humbled!!" Amitabh Bachchan wrote on his Twitter page.
Amitabh Bachchan was previous furious with the reports suggesting that he had approached Broadcast Editors Association (BEA) and requested a ban on coverage of Aishwarya Rai’s child birth.
He had angrily posted on Twitter saying –
@SrBachchan: T 551 -HaHa ! Print MidDay asking if I have told I&B Ministry to block media news of Aish delivery ! Absolute rubbish ! Good try MDay !
@SrBachchan: T 551 - I&B and media matter ! Firstly I have no such intention ever, secondly do you really think I&B would listen to me !?? No way baby !
It is believed that BEA decided to self impose a ban on coverage after Big B wrote, "The entire day and afternoon has been spent in laughing among ourselves and ROTF (Rolling On the Floor) on the ridiculous time and attention being given in the electronic media on the birthday of Aishwarya...all of which is completely and entirely made up”, on his blog.
The guide lines for the coverage are as follows –
- No pre-coverage of the event.
- Story of birth of the baby to be run only after, and on basis of, official announcement.
- Story not to run on breaking news band.
- No camera orOBvans at hospital or any other location related to the story.
- Go for photo-op or press conference if invited.
- Not carry any MMS or photo of the child.
- No astrology show to be done on this issue.
- No 11.11.11 astro show to be done.
- The duration of story to be around a minute/ninety seconds.
- Unauthorized entry into hospital not permitted
Aishwarya Rai is due for delivery mid November.