On Monday Competition Commission of India (CCI) rejected the petition filed by Ajay Devgn Films (ADF) against Yash Raj Films (YRF) alleging monopolistic practices. The actor has now decided to move to Competition Apellate Tribunal with his petition.
“We are shocked by the rejection of our legitimate case by the CCI. We have approached the appellate tribunal against the order," an Ajay Devgn Films spokesperson said in a statement.
AFD filed a complaint against YRF claiming that the production house was using their influence in the industry and was manipulating the exhibitors and distributors to release ‘Jab Tak Hai Jaan’ in more screens than ‘Son of Sardaar’.
But CCI rejected the case today and stated that there was no contravention of the provisions of the act by the alleged agreement between Yash Raj Films Private Limited and its various associated enterprises.
Previously YRF spokesperson had stated that they were shocked by the allegations made by ADF. YRF spokesperson had said that the release date of ‘Jab Tak Hai Jaan’ was announced way back in June 2011. The spokesperson had also said that they have only booked less than 1,500 single screens out of the 10,500-plus single screens available on an all-India basis.
But ADF claims that YRF 'arm twisted' exhibitors to dedicate more screens to ‘Jab Tak Hai Jaan’ than ‘Son of Sardaar’.
Both movies are scheduled to release on Diwali November 13.