Ajay Devgn filing a case against YRF claiming that YRF was using its dominant position in the industry to manipulate the exhibitors and distributors to screen ‘Jab Tak Hai Jaan’ in more screens than Ajay Devgn’s ‘Son of Sardaar’ hasn’t gone down well with many.
But Ajay Devgn said that the brickbats he is receiving for filing a legal complaint against YRF in Competition Commission Of India (CCI) isn’t surprising as he expected to be turned into a villain in this whole issue.
“I had filed the complaint much before the demise of Yash Chopra. When this happened I was like people are going to target me and nobody is going to understand my point of view... I was a villain on both sides. I couldn't withdraw it (notice) from the Competition Commission... It is not a normal court,” said Ajay Devgn to PTI.
“I respected Yashji as much anybody else does. We have grown up watching his films,” he added.
The actor said that he wanted both the movies to perform well at the box-office and was fighting for his right.
“I am fighting for my right. I am not asking anyone to stop the release of a film, I am not asking for compensation, I am asking them to be fair,” he said.
“I am fighting for my right. I am not asking anyone to stop the release of a film, I am not asking for compensation, I am asking them to be fair,” he added.’
Ajay Devgn clarified that he holds no grudges against anyone and hopes that this issue gets sorted out soon.
“I have put forward my grievances. I don't have issues with anyone. Tomorrow if this thing gets solved we will be like one big family… I will not keep any grudges against anyone. I was like how easily and smoothly we can solve it... It is good. It is eventually negative publicity and I don't want that... Even if I want to fight with them I will try to make my product better,” Ajay Devgn concluded.
On Monday Competition Commission of India (CCI) rejected the petition filed by Ajay Devgn Films (ADF) and the actor has now decided to move to Competition Apellate Tribunal with his petition.
Previously YRF spokesperson had stated that they were shocked by the allegations made by ADF. YRF spokesperson had said that the release date of ‘Jab Tak Hai Jaan’ was announced way back in June 2011. The spokesperson had also said that they have only booked less than 1,500 single screens out of the 10,500-plus single screens available on an all-India basis.
But ADF claims that YRF 'arm twisted' exhibitors to dedicate more screens to ‘Jab Tak Hai Jaan’ than ‘Son of Sardaar’.
Both movies are scheduled to release on Diwali November 13.