Bollywood actor Sanjay Dutt, who is currently serving a jail sentence in Pune jail, has been granted a break for 14 days on medical grounds.
The actor, who has been in jail since May this year serving a jail sentence of 42 months in connection with 1993 Mumbai blasts, had applied for a 14-day leave of furlough last month as per the jail manuals, which has been granted by the Court.
Sanjay Dutt said that he will spend these 14 days with his family and has requested media some privacy.
“I respect the law of the land. I respect the honorable courts of India. I am a law abiding citizen and will complete my parole and will report back,” Sanjay Dutt said after he reached home on Tuesday.
“I want to request to the press that I have got some time which I want to spend with my family. I thank the press for its support. Thanks to all my fans and I love my fans,” he added.
Sanjay Dutt had previously applied for a month long furlong leave for treatment of blood clots and high blood pressure.
In March this year Supreme Court upheld Sanjay Dutt's conviction under the Arms Act for illegally possessing weapons, and sentenced him to five years' imprisonment. The 53-year-old has already spent 18 months in jail. He was convicted by the TADA court for illegal possession of a 9 mm pistol and an AK-56 rifle.
On May 16, Sanjay Dutt surrendered before a special court in Mumbai. He is currently lodged in Pune's Yerawada Jail.